The supplied diagram enumerates the amount of financial investment in research by the U S government from 1980 to 2008

The supplied diagram enumerates the amount of financial investment in research by the U.S government from 1980 to 2008

The supplied diagram enumerates the amount of financial investment in research by the U.S government from 1980 to 2008. Overall, while areas of, space, energy, and general science were increasingly invested, the field of health received the most attention.
Over the span of 28 years, the investment in health started at roughly 8 billions dollar and grew remarkably to its peak at around 23 billions dollar in 2003, before dropping by 5 billions. Meanwhile, there was a gradual rise of 3 billions dollar in spending on space, placing it second just behind health in 2008.
As far as energy investment is concerned, expenditure remained constant at 5 billions dollar until 1992, four years after which it reached the peak at about 8 billions dollar and subsequently declined to approximately 7 billions in 2008. Although general science attracted the least financial interest from the government, a 100% climb in investment can be observed in the 28-year period.