Essay topics: The table below gives information about student enrolment at Bristol University in 1928, 1958, and 2008.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
The table compares about how many students were enrolled at Bristol University in 1928, 1958 and 2008.
Overall, it can be seen that the total number of students surged year on year significantly, whereas the proportion of local students and males dropped.
In terms of net number of registered students, there was a sharp swell from 1928 (218), rocketing to 6337 in the end of the term. In contrast, males with almost three-fifths (58%) in 1928 witnessed a sharp shrink to 46% in 2008. While local students accounted exactly a half (50%), females stood at just over two-fifths (42%) in 1928. However, in the final term (2008), there was a considerable swell to 54% (females), the local students hit a trough of 1-2%, which was the least net.
Turning to overseas students, despite reaching close to a third (28%) in 2008, they remained at fairly lower totals at 5% and 6% in 1928 and 1958 respectively, as compared to others.
- Rich countries should allow jobs for skilled and knowledgeable employees who are from poor countries. Do you agree or disagree? (79.6667)
- By punishing murderers with the death penalty, society is also guilty of committing murder. Therefore, life in prison is a better punishment for murderers. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (87)
- Some people believe that children's success in adulthood is related to the way they have been raised by their parents. Do you agree or disagree?Give your own opinion and examples. (59.6667)
- Some people decide to start their own business instead of working for a company or organization.Do the advantages for people working for their own business outweigh the disadvantages?Give reason for your answer and include any relevant examples from your (64.6667)
- space tourism will it bring positive or negative effects on the world's development.Give your own opinion.Use exmple based on your experience. (63)
- Consumers are faced with increasing numbers of advertisements from competing companies. To what extent do you think consumers are influenced by advertisement? What can be taken to protect them? (69.6667)
- In many countries, schools have severe problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes of this?What solutions can you suggest? (89.5)
- Government should spend money on railways rather than roads. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (92)
- Some people say that the only reason for learning a foreign language is in order to travel to or working a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language.Discuss both these views and give your o (83)
- TOPIC: In many countries, woman no longer feel the need to get married. Some people believe that this is because woman are able to earn their own income and therefore do not require the financial security that marriage can bring. To what extent do you agr (94.5)