The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

The table below shows the proportion of different categories of families living in poverty in Australia in 1999.

Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The presented table gives the information about the amount of poor people from each familial in Australia during the year 1999.

Overall , around 1.38 million people from all households are living in poverty in Australia. The poverty ratio among sole parent and single people without children was also very high with 21 % and 19 % respectively.

It is clear from the table that , the least number of poverty victims were senior citizens with or without partners. 7 % couples, without children were suffered from the poverty during year 1999. Finally, 12 % or more than 9 lakhs couple with children were needy in 1999.