Topic The graph below shows consumers average annual expenditure on cell phone national and international fixed line and services in America between 2001 and 2010

*Topic: The graph below shows consumers' average annual expenditure on cell phone, national and international fixed-line and services in America between 2001 and 2010.

The provided line graph illustrates the average amount of money spent yearly on mobile phones, national and international landline phones in American over the nine-year period. As is observed, while the period between 2001 and 2010 witnessed a sharp rise in the usage of cell phone, national fixed-line services decrease gradually. There was only a slight change in international fixed –line spending.

In 2001, domestic landline was the most popular form of communication with the expenditure of $700 per year, in comparison to $200 of cell phone services and almost $250 of oversea landline services. Over the next five years, the amount of money spent on mobile phone accounted for $500 and that was same for national fixed-line services after a fall of $200. International fixed-line services saw a plateau of $300 ever since.

In 2010, American people spent well over $700 on mobile phone services, which was about 2.5 times as much as national and international fixed-line services.