Two charts below show the percentage of qualified graduates in a particular country Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant

Two charts below show the percentage of qualified graduates in a particular country
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant.

The pie charts describe data on the changes in the proportions of people graduating in six different types of degrees, in between two years: 1980 and 2008.

A closer look at the pie graphs highlights the fact that while the figures for other categories increased, that of the first degree in science and art dropped.

To be more specific, there was a significant rise in the percentage of people with a PhD of Science degrees, from 13% to 31% in 1980 and 2008 respectively. In contrast, the data of first-degree art decreased more than twice in 2008, to 11%. In the same trend, the figure for the first degree dropped to 10% in the same year.

Besides, the proportions of degrees such as Ph.D. and Master in Arts rose slightly less than 10% in 2008 whereas that of master science remained the same percentage, at 29%.