Write a letter to your manager about a computer system problem that you have encountered and say Describe the problem How it is affecting your work What needs to be done about it

Dear Sir,

I am writing this letter to draw your immediate attention to my laptop performance issues which is causing me trouble in my work for the past three days.

My computer virus definitions are outdated. Due to this problem, I need to work for extra hours to complete my daily assigned tasks. In the past three days, I was unable to take a proper lunch break.

Since last week I have updated my Windows with some latest patches of Windows installed on my machine. Thus, these latest updates are not supporting the virus definitions, and after every half hour the messages pop up on my screen for my virus definitions outdated. However, I tried to update from my end, but it requires administrative access which I can get only from IT. Besides, every half-hour I need to restart my machine because of this problem. It takes 15 minutes because my Windows loading takes time since I also need to increase the RAM of my laptop.

I have raised a ticket while taking to the IT department. They informed me to be available tomorrow for reforming my PC software along with the installation of new RAM. Therefore, I will not be available for work because it will take a whole day to fix the problem. I have to talk to my teammates about the problem, they will be taking care of my tomorrow's work.

I hope you understand my situation. Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,
Shwatank Bhasin