You have borrowed something from your friend but it was damaged Write a letter to your friend and say Apologize for damaging the product How was it damaged What will you do about it

You have borrowed something from your friend, but it was damaged. Write a letter to your friend and say

- Apologize for damaging the product
- How was it damaged?
- What will you do about it?

Dear Lindsay,

I hope this letter finds you in a radiant health and best of spirits. I am writing this letter to apologize and explain why I have not returned 32 Gb pen-drive which i borrowed from you. Sorry I have taken a long time to write to you but at last I put pen to paper.

To be honest, I have taken your pen-drive to printout some documents. Actually after printout I put it in my jeans pocket and when reached at home forgot to take from pocket. So next morning my maid washed jeans in washing machine without checking pockets of it. As a result, pen-drive becomes faulty due to water ingress into.

I felt very guilty that due to my negligence your pen-drive becomes damaged and it is no more usable. I regret for the whatever happened nonetheless, I agree that I have to take extra care of the borrowed belongings.

However, I placed ordered of same brand pen-drive of 32 Gb of Transcend on Amazon online shopping store and it will be delivered within 3 to 4 days at my place. I will handover to you as I will receive.

Hope you will forgive me and accept my apologies. Looking forward to see you soon.

Yours Faithfully,
Bharat Prajapati.