Home >> Ielts Writing Task I Ielts General Training Essays

You need to take leave from your work of over one-month for personal reasons. Write a letter to your boss.In your letterExplain the reason for the leave and the length of leave you need.Explain how you will keep up to date while you are awaySuggest how yo

chitra's picture

Dear Sir/Madam,

Hope this letter finds you hale and healthy. I am writing to request for a month long leave for my personal commitments. As you may be aware, my parents are old and they need me to be with them for few days at my native place. Also, I have to take them to hospital on a regular basis to treat their ailment and make them recover from their illness. So, I would need a month's leave.

I will ensure to connect from home which is one of the perks of our organization and I will be available as and when needed. Besides that, I can be reached through my mobile phone such that the productivity is not hindered. Since we have daily project meeting calls, I will be joining the call on the daily basis and make myself updated.

Upon my return to work, I am planning to stay extra hours at office as well as work on weekends and make up the left over work. Meetings has been scheduled with my colleagues on a weekly schedule so that I don't miss on the project deliverable. Hope you empathize my situation and approve the sabbatical leave.

Yours sincerely,
Chitra