Cheap air travel is increasingly popular today. To what extent do you think the advantages of this trend outweigh the disadvantages?

Nowadays, technological and scientific breakthroughs have transformed the way of people traveling around the world. Traveling by airplane is becoming cheaper and more popular than before. Although there are some drawbacks for this trending, in my view, the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, the details will be discussed in this essay by analyzing the both side of this argument.

Admittedly, Cheaper air tickets attract more people to select flight as their first choice of transportation for travelling in a relative longer distance. The increasing usage of air plane would increase the carbon emission. As we all know, airplanes use fossil fuels as their main source of fuels. In order to accommodate the increasing trend of air travel, more carbon dioxide are generated, which lead to global warming and is harmful for people's life on the earth.

On the other hand, the increasing air travel offers people with great convenience and efficiency. Firstly, airplane is the fastest travel options in all means. The cheap flight would provide the best balance between cost and convenience. Comparing to other ways of travel such as train, flight could save a big amount of commuting time for travelers. Take Shanghai to Beijing as an example, which is about 2000km in distance, it requires more than 10 hours by train, however, the flight is as short as 3 hours only. Secondly, cheap air travel encourage people to travel to other areas or countries with different cultures. This help people not only open their mind but also learn different lifestyles. People would have more positive attitude towards their life.

In conclusion, It is true that cheap air travel causes more environmental problems, but I still believe the advantages outweigh the disadvantages in terms of offering much more convenience and efficiency to people.

cheap air travel encourage people
cheap air travel encourages people

which lead to global warming and is harmful for people's life on the earth.
which leads to global warming and is harmful for people's life on the earth.

This help people
This helps people

-----------------------