Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in office everyday.Working from home should be encouraged as it is good for workers and employers.Do you agree or disagree?

Computers and modems have made it possible for office workers to do much of their work from home instead of working in office everyday.Working from home should be encouraged as it is good for workers and employers.
Do you agree or disagree?

In today’s world of advanced technology ,the use of internet and computers have grown to an exceptionally at high level due to which it is possible for an employer to work from home by remote computing securely . Is working remotely everyday helps both employer and employees?

There are many benefits of working from home. In today’s global world, people are working with their counterparts located in different time zones. Because of working remotely, employees can attend meetings early in the morning as well as late at night. The other benefit of working from home is that it will save the travel time for employees who in some case often travels 2-3 hours to reach their work place.

From employers point of view, working from home saves their office space and overhead costs associated with working from office which constitutes significant cost to the company.

Working from home have its own share of drawbacks or concerns as well. The most important concern is that there is no control over employees work time and there will be very limited face to face contact between employee and its supervisor. This may lead to a disconnect between the employer and employee. Also it is difficult to track the effort put in by an employee if he/she is working remotely.

In my opinion ,working remotely is a very good option as it is beneficial both to employee and employer but at the same time it is difficult to have face to face contact with employee so the best possible solution should be to allow remote working but on need basis and not on daily basis.