In some countries children have very strict rules of behavior. While in other countries they are allowed to do almost anything they want.To what extent should children have to follow rules?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples fro

In some countries children have very strict rules of behavior. While in other countries they are allowed to do almost anything they want.
To what extent should children have to follow rules?
Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Are rules and regulations good for children? Someone may argue that there should be strict rules of behavior for children to make them more disciplined. On the other hand there is another school of thought which says that children should do anything they want to make them more independent.

The children from the societies that have strict rules of behavior are far more disciplined compared to children from societies which allow their children to do whatever they want to do. The main reason behind this is that the children are following strict rules from early age and therefore they have learnt and imbibed discipline from early age.

The other benefits of strict rules are that those children are well behaved to the family members and to the outside world as well. Due to this behavior of self discipline and well behaved nature, they tend to respect every individual and this includes other children and adults. Therefore, the entire society will be disciplined and will respect every individual.

The other group of societies who allow their children to do anything they want argues that by giving freedom they are teaching their children to become independant. As there are no rules for the children to follow, the children will be self sufficient and will not be dependent on anyone.

The other benefit is the decision making ability of an individual. By giving freedom to children to do whatever they want, their decision making ability is developed from very young age and they will be responsible for their own action and thus will be more informed about their action.

According to me, right kind of mix of both the thoughts is important. The children should be given freedom to do whatever they want for those tasks which are not very critical during early age. Furthermore, setting strict guidelines for certain behavior type is also important for their discipline.