Describe the custom from your country that you would like people from other countries to adopt. Explain your choice using the specific reasons and examples.

In our modern day to day stressful life we often forget about our customs and traditions. However, I think people should keep their traditions and customs, because this will help them to remember their forefathers and value the beautiful moments we have in our life.

In my country, we celebrate a festival called Holi in the month of March to welcome the start of spring season and bid adieu to winter season. During this festival we celebrate a custom called Bonfire, lighting the bonfire on full moon night of Phalguna is the custom which marks the eve of spring season and end of winter season, people congregate in an open area and ignite the bonfire which is made of dead leaves and wood. They dance and sing around the bonfire to welcome spring and commemorate the victory of lord Vishnu and Prahalada, and the end of evil Holika. People then take the sparks to their home to kindle the domestic fire in their home.

Adding to the above point, next morning is the festival of color or Dhulendi is welcomed, it is during this time both adults and young children smear powder on each other or use water jets known as “Pitchkaris” to spray colored water on passers-by. Finally, people visit their friends and families to greet each other and exchange gifts and sweets are very important part of the Holi custom. Finally, on the day of Holi, children worship their elders of the house by touching their feet, seeking blessings and offering sweets.

In my view, I am sure that the Holi and customs would benefit all over the world. People get the option to relax, leave their troubles and worries behind and have fun, and also, this holiday helps people to find out more about each other, communicate and meet new people.

people visit their friends and families to greet each other and exchange gifts and sweets are very important part of the Holi custom.
people visit their friends and families to greet each other and exchange gifts and sweets which are very important part of the Holi custom.