It is customary for some students to avoid difficult subjects such as maths and philosophy. Hence these shouldbe optional . How far do you agree to this statement

Every student has his/her own interests as well as learning abilities. Some students excel in science and technology whereas others succeed in learning maths and philosophy. It is often stated that tougher subjects like maths and philosophy should not be made mandatory. I too partially agree to this school of thought.

Admittedly, for a student who wants to be a language tutor, may not require mathematical abilities. Similarly, doctors and engineers will not benefit from philosophy. It is unlikely that our school system follows the syllabus which comprises these subjects for all students irrespective of their passion. it would be apt if the curriculum focuses on the major subjects based on every student's career aspiration. Moreover, In my country , educational system is due for its update. It is too old for younger generation.

However, Subjects like philosophy teaches life skills for a student. Omitting this subject completely from a student's curriculum will result in behavioral problem , without which he/she could become a potential threat to our society. Further, aptitude skills is key to flourish in any field. Subject such as mathematics will improve students intellects and it will make to think out-of-the-box. To exemplify, some of the companies recruit individuals who posses mathematical skills compounded with high moral values.

To conclude, as per the statement "No knowledge is waste", students need to learn life skills such as philosophy as well as mathematical skills, at least, until their high school education even though it may not relate to their future career. So I agree to the essay statement only to a certain extent.

aptitude skills is key to flourish
aptitude skills are the key to flourish