As mass communication and transport continue to grow, societies are becoming more and more alike leading to a phenomenon known as globalisation. Some people fear that globalisation will inevitably lead to the total loss of cultural identity. To what exten

As mass communication and transport continue to grow, societies are becoming more and more alike leading to a phenomenon known as globalisation. Some people fear that globalisation will inevitably lead to the total loss of cultural identity. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

Emergence of technological advances in communication and transportation sectors has posed a huge threat to disappearance of cultural identities and values in the form of ‘globalization’. It is anticipated that if this threat continues to a further certain extent, then the destruction of cultural ethics is inevitable. From my perspective, I totally agree that mass communication and transport have enabled communities to move away from their precious cultures.

At the outset, one of the major cultural practices that is on the verge of extinction is intake of traditional healthy food. It is evident that people prefer multinational fast food chains for their day-to-day eating habits. As a result of this habit, there has been a detrimental health impacts such as obesity, cancer, and cholesterol to name but a few. Concurrently, these fast food chains have been replaced with traditional cuisines, hence, this traditional foods which are tied with cultural identity are disappearing. Consequently, cultural identity has been increasingly destroyed.

Moreover, another significant aspect to preserve the cultural identity is language. As more number of people access various types of media and commute in internationally owned transportation system, they adapt and follow ‘English’ widely in their life. This usage of international link language influences them in all forms right from the education to the workplace. Owing to this, they have a very less chance of usage of their mother tongue. Therefore, it is predicted that our posterity would not have the traces of their own language, which is a huge loss of cultural identity.

To recapitulate, increase of globalization is directly proportional to decrease of cultural values. Hence, effect of globalization would have a substantial negative impact on our cultural identities.

a huge threat to disappearance of cultural identities
a huge threat to the disappearance of cultural identities

No. of Words: 280 350 //one more paragraph wanted in the essay body to get high marks