Now that we have entered the 21st century, what are some changes that you would expect to see in the new century? Use specific examples and reasons to explain your opinion.

Tremendous breakthrough in science and technology occurred in the 21st century. However, it is believed that forthcoming century will pose several changes in every field. I would like to look into both the positive and negative changes which are predicted in the next century.

On the one hand, it is anticipated that the new century will give birth to many positive changes. Firstly, the quality of health will improve dramatically. For instance, medical researchers are working on vaccines for many deadly diseases such as Hepatitis C, Hepatitis B, AIDS and cholera to name but a few. They assert that these medicines will be dispensed in hospitals in the coming years. Secondly, transportation facility will develop drastically in the next century. As a result, conveyance will be a piece of cake. To quote as an example, it is expected that there will be helicopter services in every city, hence, commuters will not be subjected to any traffic jams.

On the other hand, the 21st century could bring about several negative changes in the long run. Energy shortage will be the major menace because the resources are declining day by day. For instance, experts indicate fossil fuel which is the major source of power is about to finish by middle of this century. As such, posterity will be affected highly by power shortage. Moreover, there will be disappearance of several flora and fauna in the coming years because nowadays people are destroying forest to construct apartments. Consequently, endangered species will have to face the threat of getting extinct.

To conclude, 21st century will bring positive changes like high quality health and transportation developments. Concurrently, it also could bring dark changes such as energy shortage and extinction of rare species in the days to come.

by middle of this century.
by the middle of this century.

The essay is not exactly right on the topic. 'some changes that you would expect to see in the new century' means that something need to be improved, like in science, medical, transportation...