Old people take a while to begin using new technology, such as mobile phone. Why do you think this is happening?

The technology is developing with leaps and bounds in this jet age of 21st century. Presently, the grey generation resists to the use of modern technology which has restricted the efficient use of manforce. Here, I would like account for the reasons and the suggestions to solve this happening.

Multifarious points depict the causes of above situation. First and foremost, the old people have orthodox mentality regarding the modern products. As a result, they show lack of interest in such sort of things. Hence, they fail to take the advantage of the latest products such as mobile phones, microwaves and so on. Moreover, a large proportion of senior citizens is illiterate who do not have much information about the advanced gadgets. Therefore, they take plenty of time to adopt such techniques.

Further emphasizing on my views, the language barriers is also a major factor for resistance of old people towards modern technology. To be specific, the advanced products like smart phones are available in limited languages. And therefore, many people are unfamiliar with such gadgets. Thus, learning the use of such goods is a herculean task which consumes lot of time of aged people.

There are several ways to attract the grey generation towards updated technology. Initially, widespread education can play a phenomenal role to reduce the illiteracy and provide an opportunity to aged people to try out new products. Furthermore, the products like mobiles, computers, etc. could be provided in various languages. Hence, old people could use these products with greater ease.

To recapitulate, everyone has equal rights to relish their lives with latest technology. Youngsters can encourage aged citizens to use the existing products to make their lives comfortable.