Should money be spent on space exploration?

In order to understand the peculiarities of the vast universe, humankind has spent so much effort in the last centuries. The on-going discovery and exploration of celestial structures in outer space is only possible by the continuously evolving and growing space technology. More advanced space technologies must be developed to reach farther boundaries of the galaxy and the universe. This is only possible with faster spaceships or other devices that enables us to reach other planets, galaxies and stars.

Much has been discussed whether intelligent life exists or not outside the Earth. Finding and making contact with another advanced civilization represents the most important discovery of all time. Our imagination leads us to think that we could even learn from another intelligent civilization, improving our technology and taking us to a whole new level of development. Space exploration is also necessary to understand the origins of life and the origins of the universe itself. Investing more money in more advanced technologies to build faster spaceships is one of the purposes of this attempt.

How everything began, still puzzles us. Many theories have been around about the origins of the creation of the universe and the galaxies. Theses mysteries have been intriguing us for a long time and the scientific community invest so much time trying to figure that out. The outcomes of these discoveries can help us find solutions to the problems of our day-to-day life, such as the cure of diseases or the development of new energy sources.

It is highly important to invest in space exploration in other to figure out the mysteries there still intrigue the scientific world. These discoveries can make the human civilization prosper. Either by finding new sources of energy, or contacting another intelligent life, the human kind will never stop evolving.

or other devices that enables us to reach other planets, galaxies and stars.
or other devices that enable us to reach other planets, galaxies and stars.

Sentence: Theses mysteries have been intriguing us for a long time and the scientific community invest so much time trying to figure that out.
Description: The fragment community invest so is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace invest with verb, present tense, 3rd person singular

in other to figure out
in order to figure out

figure out the mysteries there still intrigue the scientific world.
figure out the mysteries there which still intrigue the scientific world.