Some people say that you can learn more about another country by watching television programsand films about it than by actually visiting it. How true is this statement? Is there anything you can learn about another country by visiting it that you cannot

Some people say that you can learn more about another country by watching television programs
and films about it than by actually visiting it.
How true is this statement? Is there anything you can learn about another country by visiting it that you cannot learn by watching programs and films about it?
Give reasons for your answers and include any relevant examples from your own experience.

I am the Hollywood lover. I watch many Hollywood films. I learn many things by watching it. I learn about the fact that my country’s culture, Indonesia, is left behind the western-USA, in many things. Especially, in human right. However, I still think, why does America often mixed up with many big wars in the world, if the human right is being their culture?

Mostly, films just show the good things. There are cases that we cannot find on the films. For example, we watch a movie that is called Rambo. This movie shows the comparison between the American and the Vietnam people. The director tried to show that American soldiers are better than Vietnam’s. Finally, USA comes as a winner on that movie. When I watched this movie, I wanted to laugh. For all we know, that America failed defeated Vietnam in the past. When my friend went to Vietnam, he visited the war trace location. He saw how brutal American soldiers in the previous war. He realized that Vietnam soldiers tried so hard to take back their land. He understood that Vietnam’s culture is so amazing. The culture made Vietnam’s people had big spirit to be survivors.

This makes film or television program are not enough to be consideration things in learning other people in another country. How can people know the big world from the small screen?. Mostly, every information that is showed on the television has edited by editor. This happens because, making films is not only about the creativity but also about brave. Brave in showing the truth, showing to the world we are who we are. Brave in asking permission to government to air the films. Brave in spending money to pay production’s cost.

Overall, I think , this is not really true that someone can learn about another country by watching film or television program more than visiting the country. Coming to the another country is more than seeing the culture but also doing their culture. This is like my friend who went to Vietnam. He tried to enter the traditional war cave. He did what Vietnam people did at the warfare. He found the truth and he amazed to the Vietnam's spirit tradition.

He saw how brutal American soldiers in the previous war.
He saw how brutal American soldiers were in the previous war.

The culture made Vietnam’s people had big spirit to be survivors.
Description: two verbs in one sentence