Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of the society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of the society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

There is a debate over who should be responsible for teaching children how to be good members of society because nowadays children show various problems in this respect. In this essay, I will explore this problem.

Parents plays no doubt the most significant role in educating kids to behave properly in society. It is their parents who children first meet after they come to this world and who give them early education; therefore, parents need to include leading children to recognize the world in their education. Also, the relationship between children and parents are the simplest social connection. By taught how to deal with the relationship with parents, children learn to get along with other people likewise. To do this, parents should give their children a concept of generation and respect for senior people basically. Taking kids to meet their relatives, neighbours and even strangers may be the best way to teach them how they are expected to behave in public.

On the other hand, school is also a place of great importance for children because they are put in an organization and a more complex environment. In school, a child has the opportunity to access his or her peers who may come from totally different backgrounds. As a result, conflicts could emerge in terms of personality, habits and wealth, etc. if teachers could guide students to treat everyone equally, to apologize for their own mistakes and to forgive others, then the whole society would benefit. Furthermore, children are required to obey some rules and regulations in school, which is particularly important after they step into the society and which can hardly be achieved by parenting.

Overall, although parents play the vital role in teaching children how to behave in society, schools also shoulder great responsibilities definitely. Only through the combination of parenting and schooling can children be pillars of the society.

Parents plays no doubt the most significant role
Parents play no doubt the most significant role

It is their parents who children first meet after they come to this world
It is their parents whom children first meet after they come to this world