Some people think that social skills are as important as academic qualifications. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some individuals believe that social and emotional development is as important as academic learning in order to be happy and succeed in life. Social skills are our ability to get along with others. It includes things such as cooperation, good communication, problem solving and empathy.

Social skills are important throughout life. There is great emotional pain involved in a lack of social acceptance, not just for children. However, it is in childhood that these skills begin and start to give us a sense of who we are in the world. Our self-esteem will be affected positively or negatively by how we are able to interact with others.

Most worthwhile jobs have a people component and the most lucrative positions often involve a large amount of time spent interacting with employees, media, colleagues, etc. It’s a rare individual who can isolate himself in his office and still excel in his or her job. Most organizations are looking for individuals with a particular, tactical, skill set and the ability to influence people to get things done.

Getting along with people will open up many personal and career-related doors. Striking up a conversation at a work related conference may lead to a new job offer with a higher salary or a smile and hello at your local tennis club may grab you a new tennis partner. It’s also been widely acknowledged that retirees with a large social network have a higher level of happiness during their later years versus depressed and lonely 60-somethings who spend the majority of their free time watching TV with little or no social activities planned.

Relating with people and being able to work in large groups inadvertently develops one’s communications skills. After all, you can’t have great social skills without good communications skills and, in my view, being able to convey one’s thoughts and ideas maybe the single most important business skill of all time.

If you’re good with people you can probably avoid being with the people you don’t like very much. For example, many folks dread social interactions because they don’t want to spend time with individuals who do not have similar interests and viewpoints. So, if you’re at a business get together and don’t want to spend time with Joe because he can’t help you close a particular deal, a great set of social skills will allow you to politely convey that you need to spend time with other folks at the get together.

Sentence: However, it is in childhood that these skills begin and start to give us a sense of who we are in the world.
Description: The word who is not usually used as a WH-pronoun, accusative
Suggestion: Refer to who

Sentence: Most worthwhile jobs have a people component and the most lucrative positions often involve a large amount of time spent interacting with employees, media, colleagues, etc. It's a rare individual who can isolate himself in his office and still excel in his or her job.
Suggestion: Refer to people and component

Sentence: Relating with people and being able to work in large groups inadvertently develops one's communications skills.
Description: A noun, plural, common is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to communications and skills

Sentence: After all, you can't have great social skills without good communications skills and, in my view, being able to convey one's thoughts and ideas maybe the single most important business skill of all time.

Sentence: So, if you're at a business get together and don't want to spend time with Joe because he can't help you close a particular deal, a great set of social skills will allow you to politely convey that you need to spend time with other folks at the get together.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to the and get

What is the conclusion paragraph? Try this way:

para 1: introduction
para 2: reason 1
para 3: reason 2
para 4: reason 3 (optional)
para 5: conclusion

or:

para 1: introduction
para 2: idea one.
para 3: however, idea two
para 4: in my opinion...