Some people think that women should be allowed to join the army, the navy and air force just like men.To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Some people think that women should be allowed to join the army, the navy and air force just like men.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Nowadays it is an irrefutable fact that the role of females in societies has considerably soared. Consequently, a tremendous number of people unanimously suggest that women can compete with their counterparts almost in all fields, even in the army, navy and so forth. Personally, I am in complete accord about this issue, and below I will endeavour to shed some light on my viewpoint.

First and foremost, we live in the democratic world, so maintaining equal opportunities for the all members of the country irrespective of their sexes should be one of the major aims of societies. In other words, having double standards towards males and females is pretty unacceptable under the modern circumstances.

Secondly, the history obviously shows that women always proved themselves in certain fields. For one thing, in the history of Azerbaijan, women such as Hajar, Tomiris are considered to be a hero due to their brave actions towards enemies.

Last but not least, the idea that women should stay at home and just take care of their children, do only housework has become obsolete. As can be seen, women can hold various activities at the same time and do them very perfectly. My mother is a good case in point. Although she is a teacher, she always does her housework, takes care of her children and is engaged in various activities simultaneously.

To sum up, I take the view that by permitting women to join even the “hardest activities” we can keep balance between males and females and get benefit from their abilities.