Telecommuting refers to workers doing their jobs from home for part of each week and communicating with their office using computer technology. Telecommuting is growing in many countries and is expected to be common for most office workers in the coming d

Telecommuting refers to workers doing their jobs from home for part of each week and communicating with their office using computer technology. Telecommuting is growing in many countries and is expected to be common for most office workers in the coming decades. How do you think society will be affected by the growth of telecommunicating?

Nowadays, everything is delivered fast. Services have to be enjoyed by customers immediately. Customers demand workers to work in every time and everywhere to produce products that satisfying them. Employer does not have many times to gather employee in one room to do meeting. They do meeting from different places in wherever they are. They are connected by internet. This working’s method is called telecommuting. People predict that this method will be common for working today and in coming decades. This matter raises the possibility of telecommunicating growth affecting to them. From my view point, lees or much it can present effect to them. Some consequences which come along not only socializing hardly in workplace but also getting benefit from it such as individual freedom, responsibility, and self time management.

Socializing barely with colleagues in workplace can be happened in telecommuting method. Generally, the aim of working is not only to get money but also to get actualization and socialization. Based on my experiences, I spend a lot of times working in the office. According to me, office is one of the places to get acquaintances. We do cooperation to finish our job. We meet every day directly without using any media. We talk and discuss face to face. Hence, Telecommuting’s method is different with the staple communication we have already known. I have friend who runs graphic design business from his house. He built his own office and controls his business by only using a set of computer. All days he spends his time in his room. He is rarely to socialize with other people in real life. Chatting and messaging are enough to him. It has influenced the way of his communication. He is to be a loner, calm, does not like to be in crowded situation, and unspeakable.

On the contrast, it still has good effects such as giving individual freedom and improving responsibility and time management skills. Sometimes, I feel that discipline rule in the office is too burdensome. For example, wearing formal uniform policy which is sometimes I feel not comfort with that. I feel better to wear jeans and T-shirt. Hence, the method gives me more freedom to wear what I prefer. Of course, It will not decrease my working quality. It will push me to be more responsible and good in time management. There will be no office hours or manager who watches me every minute. I can control my job by myself.

In my perspective, telecommuting actually is the now and the future way of working. Working is more effective when uses this method. Nonetheless the negative effects of this method should be reduced. To keep workers do socialization, the manager or employer should connect them to other colleagues by doing physical and social activities to gather. For example, they can do regular meeting and plan retreats.

In conclusion, telecommuting which is a new method of working nowadays has been used by many workers. This creates bad and good effects to them. Workers should be wiser and mature using this method to decrease the bad effect of it.