Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject.To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Gender issues nowadays are becoming popular more than before. Everything about separation of male and female always becomes debatable, such as about the need of furlough for women in their job and the equality of men and women in political sector. People tend to adjust the term of ‘gender equality’ in every aspect of life, in social, economic, political, even so educational sector. An argument is coming out today about the number of male and female student in universities. Some agree that universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject.

This issue is coming up because a lot of people think that equality is related to quantity. So they think by giving the exact similarity in number of male and female students in every subjects in universities will create the equality of gender in educational sector. Furthermore, they will suppress the government to create an ordinance about the equal numbers of male and female university students that should be applied in universities.

According to me, I oppose this statement because I believe equality in education more than just number. By adjusting this regulation in universities will create more problems in the future, because every people as individual – male or female – have their own readability. Universities will face more serious challenge when they have to select the university students according to their gender. They have to eliminate some potential candidates in one type of gender to fulfill the need of other gender candidates in the other hand. It will be more complicated case because they accept some students – that do not have the full requirements – by perforce in order to meet the rule. Moreover, the university students will also face more defiance to enter to the universities, because they have to adapt with the gender rules.

In conclusion, I disagree with this statement because I believe that gender equality – especially in educational sector - is more than just number. By giving the students their right to choose what they prefer to learn and also to give the best method for universities to manage the system as best as they can will probably become the best method to achieve the gender equality. Because equality in educational sector is beyond the number, but the easy access for all gender to get the education.

I believe equality in education more than just number.
I believe equality in education is more than just number.

-----------------------