Essay topics: Children who start reading reading earlier in life, perform better later on in their school studies.
How important are the early reading skills in a child's academic performance?
What other pre school factors influence a child's later academic achievements?
Reading is one of the most fundamental elements of learning. It is believed that, habit of reading is beneficial for a child's academic performance. This essay will discuss the significance and the role of reading and certain pre school extra curricular activities that boost students academically.
Reading is the first step in the process of learning. Children, habitual of reading books, fairy tales, story magazines usually find it easier to understand and overcome the obstacles and glitches in school courses. Thereby, enhancing their efficiency in class, compared to non readers. Furthermore, children are allergic to school books and courses, hence, they require constant supervision during their study hours. Reading develops interest in books and children find it appealing to study variety. Thus, requiring no supervision and children develop a sense of responsibility.
Whilst reading is of the essence, there are other activities and factors that determine a child's personality and academic standards. Firstly, toddler pre schooling, some consider it as a wastage of time and prefer admissions in schools. Researches have shown that children attending pre school sessions turn out more confident and competitive. Toddler schools provide an environment where children can overcome their social fears. Such children are more focused and confident in comparison to those, whose initial experience is school. Moreover, family relations are of grave importance. Children with less exposure to family problems tend to perform to their maximum academically , on the contrary, those with family issues show higher tendency of deviating from the actual track.
To conclude, variable factors define academic caliber of a growing child. However with parental awareness and guidance he/she can be put on a track before even the start of academic career.
- Some people believe that a vertical city in which people work and live in tall buildings is a good idea. Others say that horizontal living is better. Discuss both views and express your opinion. (67)
- Some peope think that the government is wasting money on the arts and that this money could be better spent else whereTo what extent do you agree with this view? (56)
- The graph shows the number of boys and girls playing sport in an English town in 2012. (67)
- The bar chart shows the participation of children in selected leisure activities in Australia (68.5)
- The bar chart below shows the estimated percentage of car trips taken by drivers in 2005, (56)
- Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and real needs of the society in which they are sold.Agree (56)
- Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject.To what extent do you agree or disagree? (56)
- The graph shows the number of boys and girls playing sport in an English town in 2012. (78)
- "Prevention is better than cure"Out of countries health budget , a large portion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventative measures. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? (76.5)
- The pie charts show the main reasons for migration to and from the UK in 2007.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. (73)