Keeping Animals in Captivity is Cruel There is no Reason for Zoos to Exist in 21st Century How Far You Agree or Disagree with This Opinion

Currently, there is a debate about the view that there is no reason for zoos to exist in the 21st century because keeping animals in captivity is merciless. This opiniton, in many cases, should be not more agree.

Zoos provide opportunities for people to have contact with wild animals. This place, people have chance to learn about animals by directly observing them instead of just looking about them at the pictures on books, magazine and TV shows, which could help to expand their knowledge. For example, Ms Swift – my brother, was extremely excited to see the animals in the KingKong zoo – a famous zoo in American and he had a great experience touching and feeding elephants. These interenting experiences, my brother would hardly have the opportunity to experience without the zoo.

Admittedly, in another aspect, keeping animals in captivity could be brutal to them. This is because the cages and enclosures are often too small for the animals, this artificial enviroments is generally cannot replace natural habitats. However, according to many researchers, including Karl Henry – a famous animal professional in California, conserving wild animals have at risk of extinction in zoos is considered to be safer than letting them surrvive in the natural habitat. To explain this, despite living in captivity, wild animals would be cared, nurtured, monitored for health and assisted in increasing fertility to maintain and restore number of individual species, while helping them avoid the risk of extinction due to poaching and destruction of natural habitats.

In conclusion, in my view, existing of zoos is generally more beneficial.