Many countries apply to be the host of an international sporting competition such as Olympics but only one is ever chosen What are the benefits for a country of hosting an international sports competition Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvant

Many countries apply to be the host of an international sporting competition such as Olympics, but only one is ever chosen.

What are the benefits for a country of hosting an international sports competition?

Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages?

Nowadays, the entire world stops to watch international sports events, for instance, Olympics or World cup. While many countries desperately hope to be selected, only one is fortunate enough to host such mega event in four years. I believe, such competitions are more beneficial for a nation and its positive impacts exceed its drawbacks.

To begin with, it is argued that sports events ignite riots in certain countries, for example, Brazil, which is plagued by poverty, low literacy rate, joblessness and teenage crime. Local population expects government to prioritize these issues and tend to them, instead of arranging necessary facilities for a sporting competition. Thereby, governments that welcome international games usually have to deal with strikes and chaos amongst general population.

On the contrary, sports can be significantly beneficial for a country. First of all, it is an economy generating event as tourism rises, media and international companies start investing in the host nation. Consequently, stabilizing the economy of the host nation. Secondly, sporting events help to eliminate international disputes , the best example of the that is Olympics. Athletes from rival nations compete in a friendly environment and embrace each other at the end. In the past such steps have persuaded governments to reach mutual agreements and it has ended disputes between nations. Furthermore countries that are swarming with teenage crime, usually witness a significant drop in teenage crime. Youngsters who go astray and start commiting crimes, find sporting events intriguing. Such events put a temporary halt to criminal activities. To illustrate, FIFA Worldcup 2010 was hosted by South Africa. During that time frame crime rate decreased by 28%.

To conclude, although some people oppose the idea of staging an events of such caliber. I argue that, international gaming competitions have brought nations together and the advantages of such events outweigh the disadvantages. Therefore governments and people should both welcome these competitions.

Therefore governments and people should both welcome these competitions.
Therefore, both governments and people should welcome these competitions.

Sentence: Youngsters who go astray and start commiting crimes, find sporting events intriguing.
Error: commiting Suggestion: No alternate word

----------------------