Some people think that government is wasting money in the arts. And this money can be spent elsewhere. To what extent do you agree?

Some people think that government is wasting money in the arts. And this money can be spent elsewhere.

To what extent do you agree?

In recent times governments around the world are investing more and more in the field of arts. Some people believe it as wastage of wealth and it should be utilized in more pressing matters. I believe, arts is a universal field and spending money in arts is productive for the whole community.

Scientific developments are considered to lay paradigm of the future of a nation. It is argued that, investing in technological developments would be more fruitful in comparison to arts. Because it would help a nation become self reliant, subsequently, generating its own products to improve economy. Furthermore, in some parts of the world poverty and joblessness are fundamental issues. In such countries most of the population is under poverty line. Therefore it is suggested that government should provide opportunities for jobless individuals. As a result families would be able to support themselves and this would ensure a better future for them.

However, arts itself is a productive field, meanwhile certain nations are significantly benefiting from it. For instance, Indian government is investing millions of dollars in cinema and music industry. Consequently, their film industry is generating almost one third of India's annual budget. Thus economy is generated and circulated within a country. Another example is European art, governments are spending alot to preserve historical buildings and precious arts from renaissance era. As a result tourism is increasing every year in European continent. Moreover, arts also define customs and traditions of society. Thereby, acting as a platform for youths to get acquainted with their history and cultures.

To conclude, although some oppose the idea of investment in arts. I agree to fact that, governments supporting arts are following a prolific idea and it will prove to be fruitful for them and their entire nation in the near future.