Music is a good way of bringing people of different cultures and ages together To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion

Music is a good way of bringing people of different cultures and ages together
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Nowadays, it is indisputable that music plays an integral part on people’s regular basis. Therefore, some insist on music being a decent tool to connect everyone of all ages and ethnicities. From my own perspective, I partly agree with the following statement.
First of all, we can not deny that a substantial percentage of the population listens to many different music genres such as pops, rock and roll, country, opera… And it is understandable of people having the same types of music or idols which can bring them together despite staying in distant places. For instance, people all over the world gather around a stadium to watch Justin Bieber – a pop singer performs his viral compositions. These music fans might not have the same personal background, might not have the same skin color, probably have different religious beliefs, but they share the same favor of music, which is the pivotal purpose that connects people.
However, on the other hand, it is inappropriate to assert that music joint folks of every group of age. More clearly, elderly people do not often listen to trendy youth music genres such as Kpop or Rock as they are too old. Simultaneously, teenagers hardly prefer classical music or even attending a country orchestra which they assume will probably bring them to sleep. So, it is definitely controversial to proclaim that music connects people of all ages as the difference in age often leads to different choices.
In conclusion, it is absolutely right to say that music brings people of different cultures together, but quite a wrong assumption of music connecting people of all ages.