News Media is more influential nowadays and some people think it is a negative development to what extent do you agree or disagree

It is argued that the news media have been given too much power that it results in more harm to our society than good. This essay agrees with this statement and believes that we need to reduce our reliance on report media.

With regard to the individuals, we are living in an era where media has a tremendous impact on society. To be more specific, we have to admit that the media’s persuasive nature can influence our thoughts and behavior to some extent. Therefore flawed concepts and imperfect perspectives may sway our beliefs and attitude towards life. Allegedly, Chinese media created the word ‘leftover women’ to describe young females in their late 20s who had not yet married. The term is so widely used in the mainstream media that it exacerbated social inequality since many independent and successful women have been labeled as disgraceful and unfilial, whereas the root cause for this scenario is the government tries to offset a huge gender imbalance caused by one-child policy by urging single women to marry.

Another point to consider is that the media itself exists to make profit. With hundreds of news channels all competing for viewers, it is conceivable that some news could be exaggerated or even fabricated for some purposes. Although we cannot deny that news media is still the best source of information and entertainment (e.g. revealing cases of corruption and crime, increasing general awareness and acting as a communication medium between the government and individuals), overexposure to media can lead to information overload, which causes a gradual loss of judgment and critical thinking. To prevent this from happening, people should manage to form their own opinions on matters, so as not to give the media more power as the digital age continues.

To conclude, mass media dominating the mental life of modern society is indeed a negative trend, so it would be wiser to just use the news media as a tool rather than letting it control the passive masses.

whereas the root cause for this scenario is the government tries to offset a huge gender imbalance
whereas the root cause for this scenario is that the government tries to offset a huge gender imbalance

Sentence: The term is so widely used in the mainstream media that it exacerbated social inequality since many independent and successful women have been labeled as disgraceful and unfilial, whereas the root cause for this scenario is the government tries to offset a huge gender imbalance caused by one-child policy by urging single women to marry.
Error: unfilial Suggestion: No alternate word