Nowadays animal experiments are widely used to develop new medicines and to test the safety of other products Some people argue that these experiments should be banned because it is morally wrong to cause animals to suffer while others are in favour of th

Nowadays animal experiments are widely used to develop new medicines and to test the safety of other products. Some people argue that these experiments should be banned because it is morally wrong to cause animals to suffer, while others are in favour of them because of their benefits to humanity.
Discuss both views and give your own opinion.

These days, medicines and other products are tested on animals before they are cleared for human use. While many are of the opinion that those actions are morally wrong, others and I agree with the idea that such research plays an indispensable role in humanity.
On the one hand, one reason why the use of animals in medical and product research should be prohibited is that people have no right to subject animals to any kind of trauma, and that the lives of all creatures should be respected. In fact, procedures performed on living creatures could make them tremendously painful and distressful. To give a clear example, laboratory mice may be given an illness or electric shock so that the effectiveness of a new medicine can be measured. Opponents of such testing believe that the benefits to humans do not justify the suffering caused, and that scientists should use alternative methods of research.
On the other hand, I tend forwards the viewpoint that animal experimentation has its own benefits. This is because humans are the important being on the planet, thus everything should be done to ensure the safety and survival of humanity. Animal testing allows scientists to examine the quality of the drugs as well as their possible side effects. For example, dog’s pancreas removal experiment discovered insulin – a key factor in helping people with diabetes.
In conclusion, although both views certainly have some validity, it seems to me that it is better to endorse the safety of drugs and other products by testing on animals before providing them to humans.