The only way to cut the crime rate is build more prisons and make prison sentences longer To what extent do you agree of disagree with this opinion

 The only way to cut the crime rate is build more prisons and make prison sentences longer. To what extent do you agree of disagree with this opinion.

There has been an argument about reducing crime rate by applying the tough rules ad expanding detention centres in large numbers. However, different country has different legislative provision to prevent it from spreading in all over the nation. So far as my point of view is concerned, I disagree with the statement and the potential reasons will be discussed below.

Having built lots of jails will not change human behaviour overnight as education or awareness should be imbedded on individuals so that people will be compelled to ponder over their potential act and they will not take any impulsive action. For example, if a person is charged with any hideous criminal deed and given long sentence., he/she may follow the same path after completion of judicially allocated period but If the same person is sent to the community correction centre and provided awareness of wrongdoing , he/she could change mind and mentally make a plan to spend rest of the time with dignity and respect.

Likewise, if an innocent personnel is sentenced by mistake, he/she hat to spend valuable life without any reasonable reason for a long time behind the bar. In the same way, , government has to inject tremendous amount of budget on individual’s bread and butter along with constructions of new buildings. Consequently, a particular nation might be in financial burden.

To conclude, awareness campaign plays a vital role to bring drastic change in human behaviour and attitude which contribute to stop implicating in any misdeed in the particular community up to some extent.