People naturally resist making changes in their lives What kind of problems can this cause What solutions can you suggest

People naturally resist making changes in their lives. What kind of problems can this cause? What solutions can you suggest?

Whether to make changes in life or not is one of the issues widely discussed around the world. Resisting changes causes numerous problems, the major of which is lost opportunities.

It is true that making changes in life is time consuming, demands significant efforts, determination and patience. For example, if a person thinks of changing a job, he is struggling with pros and cons. A familiar schedule, deep knowledge of business and more rapid promotion perspectives sound like certain advantages of staying at the same place. Another example is changing a flat. Even if people’s neighbours are not so friendly, the rent is too high and it takes an hour to drive to work, still there are some reasons for resistance, the main of which are inner fear of changes and laziness.

However, staying at the same place, we miss numerous possibilities to change our working environment, improve our health, expand our knowledge, meet new people and hence get new experiences. What is the point of complaining all the time, doing nothing? How can people learn what a new working environment is, if they never change jobs? Moreover, when a man meets new people, his social bonds expand and hence his social life becomes richer. If individuals strive to improve something, a chance will appear sooner or later. But it is their personal choice whether to use this opportunity or miss it. Another example is if a person is unhappy about his body shape. The solution for him is to go on a diet, buy a membership in a gym and lead a healthy lifestyle. Needless to say, it takes a lot of sacrifices, and the results are not instantly visible, but it is worth doing. A further example is: a young person is bored at work and thinks he is underestimated there. The solution for him is to make up his mind , determine what exactly he wants to be involved in and get a degree in this particular area.

It is clear that changes are like a blow of fresh air, which enrich our life and bring new colours into it. G.B.Show wrote: ”Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself”. I think that only if an individual has new experiences, he can “create himself”, because creation is a continuing process which takes all life.

In conclusion, resisting changes means lost opportunities. If people were guided only by resistance, neither their nature nor society would ever change.