In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this

In some countries, young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting university studies, which would be harmful if they don't have plan incontract it would be advantageous. Having a plan what would they get ?
First, they can experience job so that knowing the job choosed is suitable for them fromthere they make right decision so avoiding to waste time, money,… My cousin spent 5 years learning about engineering in university but after just year working, he felt bored, stressed so he tried learning about MC - master of ceremonies- because liking art, exciting work which was nature of MC. So nodoubt he liked this job and whenever standed in the stage, he felt excited and proding his self. If he had decided to experience his job for a year before starting university studies, he would have saved a lot of money and time.
In additionally, they can join the activities such as charity organization, sport club... so that improving theirself about social skills – communication skill, soft skills...Example, my sister join in a charity organization, they appoint my sister and ten other people to volunteer in the Nhan Ai – a disadvantaged village. In that, her group opened class for local children, donating rice, clothes, books and necessary equipments, activities liked that and living in the new environment lacking helped my sister more mature, independent and more sympathetic. Moreover she learned how to adapt and especially she felt more love people, wanting to help disadvantage people.
If they have a plan they will have advantages as metioned above, by contrast what will hapens? We will do anything liking such as playing games, watching TV, going out... all day which doesn’t bring any value in the future but also waste a year in vain compared to friends of the same age moreover useless actions make them lose motivation. Example before starting new schoolyear, me and my friends always have a vacation from 2 to 3 months, at time, we usually play football, go swimming or go fishing... it is very funny so sometimes we wish vacation continued forever. Just 2 months for avacation, we don’t want to go to school, wanting to continue to play with together, go swimming, go fishing, camping. So if we taked a year off and deciding for us self to return to school you would have answer.
In additionally, after a long time, study skills would be worn out, especially for math, physics, or any subjec with complex theory and techniques. In this regard, brain scientists inform people of memory capacity of the brain which is from 3-6 months so when returning to school they would be slower than their friends, having difficulty re-intergrating back into the school environment.
In conclusion, gap year will be effective if they use this with a reasonable plan, incontract it will be terrible.