Some people believe that the government spends too much money on developing space exploration technology There are many others financial needs that the government should address instead To what extent do you agree or disagree

Landing on the moon has been regarded as one of the greatest achievements of modern technology. However, some people argue that it is wasteful to spend money on outer space exploration. I disagree with this view because space research can bring a number of benefits to mankind.

Firstly, space research is the ultimate answer to the problem of resource depletion on the Earth. It is projected that fossil fuels, the major sources of energy in the industrialized world, are bound to be exhausted in less than fifty years. Although renewable energies are being developed and promoted, they are way from meeting the needs of energy consumption today. Therefore, since there are almost infinite quantities of resources in the universe, it makes sense to explore the moon and other planets for future generations.

Secondly, space opens up new possibilities for scientific research. The natural conditions on the Earth are sometimes unfavorable for scientists to achieve optimal results in their experiments. This is a big obstacle preventing modern science from advancing. The vacuum condition in outer space provides such an environment to carry out certain research for ideal outcomes. In fact, many technologies used on the Earth were first pioneered in space.

Finally, space research raises people’s hope for settling on other planets. From the perspective of the Earth history, species on the Earth have come under frequent threat of various kinds of natural disasters. It is likely that one day the Earth may be no longer inhabitable. The ability to colonize other planets prepare human beings for the unexpected.

To conclude, it is unjustified to say that space research is a waste of money because it offers long-term solutions to human’s survival and sustenance.

they are way from meeting the needs