Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime Others however argue that the circumstances of an individual crime and the motivation for committing it should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishment D

Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishment. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

On the one hand, there are those who argue that it is more essential for students who make great strides in academic performance to be awarded prizes. Firstly, the prospect of receiving rewards for their attempts could motivate students to continue improving their learning outcomes. Learners might feel they can stand a chance of winning rewards if they put forth their best efforts. Therefore, students tend to work longer and harder on tasks. Secondly, recognition from schools could prevent graduates from cheating. rewards apparently provide students with an incentive to take tests more seriously and make a real effort to study. Without being under the pressure of credit mania, underachievers would willingly concentrate on subjects they do not excel.