Some people say that the only reason for learning a foreign language is in order to travel to or working a foreign country. Others say that these are not the only reasons why someone should learn a foreign language.Discuss both these views and give your o

milanree1527@yahoo.com's picture

Some folks think that the only rationality for learning a second language is to be able to travel or work in an alien nation. However, others insist that these are not the only logics why someone needs to learn an exotic language. This essay will discuss both sides with relevant examples and reach a conclusion.

On the one hand, a heightened awareness of foreign languages equates to an improved opportunity of remaining safe while travelling in a nonnative nation. For instance, if a tourist wanders in a busy market place dazzled with the overseas language, signs and accents, it is highly likely that the stranger will be vulnerable to pickpockets. But the tourist can avoid potential robberies provided that he masters abroad languages. In addition, visitors may save money and time because they usually travel in a tight budget. Next, understanding and speaking abroad languages opens up perfect opportunities for landing a decent job. Being bilinguals allows any individuals to carry on an effective communication with coworkers and solidify working relationships, which enables bilinguals to leave an excellent impression to their boss. Furthermore, managers consistently put a top priority to bilinguals over monolinguals.

On the other hand, many people are considered to learn nonresident dialects as a hobby in order to show that they are truly awesome. For example, when a person picks up a guitar and starts playing beautifully in a local language at a foreign party, his unique skills will unquestionably get plenty of compliments. As languages have that strange power over surroundings, learning languages has become a current obsession so as to surprise others by talents. Secondly, people are learning other languages to delay and prevent them suffering from Alzheimer's disease. For illustration, adults who speak two or more languages, the mean age for those sings is 75.5, compared to monolingual adults at 71.4. Owing to the alteration of grey matter, the area of brain that processes information, folks are bound to learn non domestic languages.

To sum up, considering the obvious security and employment in a foreign country, personally, i believe learning second languages ought to be emboldened over the hobby and given disease as these two factors are personal and inevitable in old ages respectively.

Your rating: None Average: 8.3 (3 votes)