Essay topics: Charities and organizations always give special names to particular days such as 'National Children's Day' and 'National Non-smoking Day'. What are the causes of these particular days? How effective are they?
Recently, increasing particular days, such as ‘National women’s Day’ and ‘National Public Transport Day’, named by some non-profit organization, have become the focus of public concern. This essay will place some analyses on factors which induce this condition before presenting the influences of this situation.
The following grounds, in line with my perception and understanding, mainly account for why charitable organizations give the special day’s new names. To start with, the reason why the days own other names, is precisely on the grounds of getting attention of the citizens to commonweal activities. Thanks to setting ‘National Non-smoking Day’, for instance, increasing residences get the details about the hazard and harm of smoking and try to get rid of this bad habit. In the second place, this issue may mainly spring from reducing care and love to vulnerable groups in our society. To be illustrated, the children whose parents are both working, get decreasing love and care from their father and mother. Eventually, an interesting reason may also be partially responsible for this condition, which is the demand of news of the mass media.
Admittedly, some citizens insist that it is not necessary to give days new names for the charitable organizations’ promotion of public welfare. In their points, the charities can take a vast number of measures to achieve their goals, instead of naming a host of days to confuse the masses. However, the fact support that naming special days plays a pivotal role in propagation of charities. As mentioned above, according to a government report in a latest journal, the percentage of smoking population stopped rising and turned into declining slightly after ‘National Non-smoking Day’ setting approximately three decades ago. That is to say, the control of smoking in our nation can be mainly attributed to the propagation of information by this particular day. More specifically, broadcasting programs about the hazard and harm of smoking, the mass media guide the smokers giving up smoking around the non-smoking day every year.
On basis of analysis of reasons and proof of effects, it is sincerely expected that one day in the near future, our society will benefit increasingly from the new-named days for public reasons by charities.
- Some people think that in the modern world we are more dependent on each other, while others think that people have become more independent. Discuss both views and give your own opinion (56)
- Do you think consumers should avoid purchase of over packaged products or is it the responsibility of produces to avoid extra packaging of products.Give your views with any relevant examples of your own experience. (11)
- People who live in foreign countries should follow the traditions and customs. To what extent do you agree or disagree. (73)
- Economic progress is one way to measure the success of one country, while some people think there are other factors. What other factors should be considered? Within these factors, do you think anyone is more important than the others? (89)
- You are going away to travel for the summer. A friend will be looking after your house while you are away. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:– say where you are going– describe your house– explain some of the things your friend must do t (73)
- On a recent holiday you lost a valuable item. Fortunately, you have travel insurance to cover the cost of anything lost.Write a letter to the manager of your insurance company. In your letterdescribe the item you lostexplain how you lost ittell the insura (61)
- Some people think young people should go to university to further their education while others think they should been encouraged to work as car mechanics or builders etc. to serve society. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. (56)
- University students always focus on one specialist subject, but some people think universities should encourage their students to study a range of subjects in addition to their own subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (73)
- Nowadays, not enough students choose science subjects in university in many countries.what are the reasons for this problem? What are the effects on the society? (73)
- University students always focus on one specialist subject, but some people think universities should encourage their students to study a range of subjects in addition to their own subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (78)