Employers sometimes ask people applying for jobs for personal information, such as their hobbies and interests, and whether they are married or single. Some people say that this information may be relevant and useful, others disagree. Discuss both the vie

SATPREET SINGH's picture

Whenever we make our resume or create a job profile on a job searching website, everyone shares few personal details, as this information gives an idea about personality.
However, Few companies asked for some extra information like, related to family and personal interests, and few people feel uncomfortable to share these sort of details with others, on the other hand, few do not have any concern about it.
As per my opinion, I would strongly advocate unwanted information should not be asked until unless a job is confirm. In this essay, I will discuss both the scenarios.
Firstly, If someone is applying for a job and yet it is not confirmed that he or she will get selected, there should be no question to share the personal details. As sometime these type of information could be misused for an instance, most of the companies do not handle the resumes of the candidates in a secure manner, and anyone can access these data easily.
So, It is senseless that asking for the unnecessary information from the employers prior to job confirmation. Moreover, there are few people who do not want to share their personal details, and sometimes they avoid to apply these type of job, which seeks private information.
On the other side of this, there are many people who do not have any issue to share any kind of details. They have their own views on it like sharing the details with company sometimes gives advantages. For an instance, nowadays companies are looking for the candidate who is socially active, as researchers have proved that those who are active in other tasks perform much better compared to other who only concentrate on work.
Therefore, Few people stand with this scenario as it gives an advantage.

As mentioned both the cases, few people believe that only work-related details should ask while applying for the job and few have opposite views.
Certainly, sharing personal details during the process of applying for a job will quite early and sometime this may lead to unfavorable situations, like most of the time their details are not dumped with a secure method.