Children are prone to committing mistakes and to make them realize this, teachers and parents retort to punishments to help them understand that they have done a mistake. In my opinion, punishments can be employed as a corrective methodology as long as these are not harsh and physical in nature.
To embark upon, any atrocious ways of punishing a child should be avoided. Moreover, continuous use of such corporal behavior can make a child unyielding. For instance, a teacher hitting a student on his hand with a ruler for his/her wrong doings can make him/her rigid and neglect the importance of punishment thereby affecting the learning process.
On the contrary, the nature of the punishments should be soft and everlasting so that the minor understands the mistake and it's after affects thereby making a sincere effort of not repeating it. For example, making a child skip his favorite television show as part of punishment will ensure that the child understand's the mistake and it's consequences.
In continuity, parents can even employ strategies like taking a child's favorite video game for a time duration depending on the level or intensity of the mistake. Likewise, the more serious offence could mean not playing the game for a longer duration and vice-versa.
To recapitulate, punishments assigned to a child are important for his/her well being and attribute towards overall development. To coincide with this, utmost care and rationale should be taken in devising the form and intensity of punishment keeping child's mental and physical health in mind. Moreover, distinction between right and wrong should be the prime goal followed by the avoidance of perennial occurrences of the mistake.
- Some people believe that competition for high grades motivates students to excel in the classroom. Others believe that such competition seriously limits the quality of real learning.Write a response in which you discuss which view more closely aligns with83
- Claim: Many problems of modern society cannot be solved by laws and the legal system.Reason: Laws cannot change what is in people's hearts or minds.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reas83
- Leaders are created by the demands that are placed on them.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position,75
- All parents should be required to volunteer time to their children's schools.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling58
- Many newspapers and magazines feature stories about the private lives of famous people. We know what they eat, where they buy their clothes and who they love. We also often see pictures of them in private situations.Is it appropriate for a magazine or new78
Transition Words or Phrases used:
but, likewise, moreover, so, well, for example, for instance, in my opinion, on the contrary
Attributes: Values AverageValues Percentages(Values/AverageValues)% => Comments
Performance on Part of Speech:
To be verbs : 9.0 13.1623246493 68% => OK
Auxiliary verbs: 10.0 7.85571142285 127% => OK
Conjunction : 14.0 10.4138276553 134% => OK
Relative clauses : 3.0 7.30460921844 41% => More relative clauses wanted.
Pronoun: 21.0 24.0651302605 87% => OK
Preposition: 33.0 41.998997996 79% => OK
Nominalization: 11.0 8.3376753507 132% => OK
Performance on vocabulary words:
No of characters: 1441.0 1615.20841683 89% => OK
No of words: 275.0 315.596192385 87% => More content wanted.
Chars per words: 5.24 5.12529762239 102% => OK
Fourth root words length: 4.07223819929 4.20363070211 97% => OK
Word Length SD: 2.88879282174 2.80592935109 103% => OK
Unique words: 157.0 176.041082164 89% => More unique words wanted.
Unique words percentage: 0.570909090909 0.561755894193 102% => OK
syllable_count: 449.1 506.74238477 89% => OK
avg_syllables_per_word: 1.6 1.60771543086 100% => OK
A sentence (or a clause, phrase) starts by:
Pronoun: 0.0 5.43587174349 0% => OK
Article: 3.0 2.52805611222 119% => OK
Subordination: 0.0 2.10420841683 0% => More adverbial clause wanted.
Conjunction: 0.0 0.809619238477 0% => OK
Preposition: 6.0 4.76152304609 126% => OK
Performance on sentences:
How many sentences: 12.0 16.0721442886 75% => Need more sentences. Double check the format of sentences, make sure there is a space between two sentences, or have enough periods. And also check the lengths of sentences, maybe they are too long.
Sentence length: 22.0 20.2975951904 108% => OK
Sentence length SD: 38.6249775261 49.4020404114 78% => OK
Chars per sentence: 120.083333333 106.682146367 113% => OK
Words per sentence: 22.9166666667 20.7667163134 110% => OK
Discourse Markers: 7.66666666667 7.06120827912 109% => OK
Paragraphs: 5.0 4.38176352705 114% => OK
Language errors: 0.0 5.01903807615 0% => OK
Sentences with positive sentiment : 2.0 8.67935871743 23% => More positive sentences wanted.
Sentences with negative sentiment : 7.0 3.9879759519 176% => OK
Sentences with neutral sentiment: 3.0 3.4128256513 88% => OK
What are sentences with positive/Negative/neutral sentiment?
Coherence and Cohesion:
Essay topic to essay body coherence: 0.177138549202 0.244688304435 72% => OK
Sentence topic coherence: 0.0626762748457 0.084324248473 74% => OK
Sentence topic coherence SD: 0.051344502156 0.0667982634062 77% => OK
Paragraph topic coherence: 0.0969477757344 0.151304729494 64% => OK
Paragraph topic coherence SD: 0.0526282968603 0.056905535591 92% => OK
automated_readability_index: 14.7 13.0946893788 112% => OK
flesch_reading_ease: 49.15 50.2224549098 98% => OK
smog_index: 8.8 7.44779559118 118% => OK
flesch_kincaid_grade: 11.9 11.3001002004 105% => OK
coleman_liau_index: 13.41 12.4159519038 108% => OK
dale_chall_readability_score: 9.26 8.58950901804 108% => OK
difficult_words: 79.0 78.4519038076 101% => OK
linsear_write_formula: 9.0 9.78957915832 92% => OK
gunning_fog: 10.8 10.1190380762 107% => OK
text_standard: 9.0 10.7795591182 83% => OK
What are above readability scores?
Rates: 67.4157303371 out of 100
Scores by essay e-grader: 6.0 Out of 9
Note: the e-grader does NOT examine the meaning of words and ideas. VIP users will receive further evaluations by advanced module of e-grader and human graders.