In some countries, most people prefer to rent their homes rather than buying them. What are the advantages and disadvantages of renting a home?

sreedhar Bellamkonda's picture

Renting a home rather than buying has become a preferred method by some people in most of the countries. In this essay, we will see both the pros and cons of renting home rather than buying.

With the increasing demand for houses in some countries, the prices are also rapidly growing. It is not a easy task to buy a home in most of the countries with such a high price. So, the option to rent a home is becoming increasingly popular with some people. By renting a home, they have a flexibility to choose their house as per their requirements and pay for what they are using. Also, they are easy to maintain and stress-free as any renovation work will be taken by the landlords and by the tenants. This give a freedom from any tensions thinking about the home. Moreover, the monthly rents are cheaper compared to the monthly EMIs. Renting is also a better option for people who frequently move from places.

Being said that renting is a preferred method, it has its own disadvantages. The problem of frequent moving is a real setback sometimes. And another issue could be the landlord’s rules. How many times we would have heard about the strange and innovative rules by the house owners causing problems to tenants.

So, in my opinion, both the options have their own advantages and disadvantages. It is up to the tenants to check any undisclosed clauses while renting a home to make the stay a pleasant one.