Is the ability to read and write more important today than in the past?Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Is the ability to read and write more important today than in the past?
Why or why not? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Writing and lecture are two important aspects of our daily lives. Due to fact that all of our activities rely on these two skills, it is almost impossible to subsists without them. Even people in the most isolate places, know at least how to write their names. In today's hectic life, if a person doesn't dominate well the writing and reading, he or she is considered as an ignorant. Therefore, I consider that those two skills are more important today than in the past, and I based my point in some arguments that I will develop in the next paragraphs.

To begin with, writing and reading are very wealthy today because the technologic development has made everything digital. Inasmuch as innovation has arrived, most of the people' daily activities rely on digital machines. Therefore, as we all should be aware, in order to use a digital machine people should know how to read and write. For instance, let's imagine that a person who wants to make a phone call doesn't read well, and then he or she won't be able to dial the phone number and send a text message. Even more, with a simple daily activity as is using the microwave to heat the food, basic understanding of reading is needed. As we can see, nowadays if we don't read or write we might not develop the common activities.

In addition, in today's world, a person social status is given by their economic or ''intellectual stand''. Considering that, a person who doesn't possess neither writing nor reading, for sure will be isolated by citizens. For instance, people who didn’t attend to school are defined as useless because they cannot carry on basic tasks, thus, a good education guarantee a good social status.

Even though, I acknowledge that some people who don't know how to read or write might achieve success in business or other projects, it seems to me that the possibilities are less.

To sum up, for the reasons stated above, I consider that today it is more important to read and write because there is a greater demand of these skills and also, if you write and read better you might have a better social status.

it is almost impossible to subsists without them
it is almost impossible to subsist without them

an ignorant
an ignorance

with a simple daily activity as is using the microwave to heat the food, basic understanding of reading is needed.
with a simple daily activity as using the microwave to heat the food, basic understanding of reading is needed.

a person social status is given by their economic or ''intellectual stand''.
a person's social status is given by their economic or ''intellectual stand''.

a good education guarantee a good social status.
a good education guarantees a good social status.

Sentence: To begin with, writing and reading are very wealthy today because the technologic development has made everything digital.
Error: technologic Suggestion: No alternate word

a lot of 'as'

the examples are somehow duplicated to the content.

Try this pattern:
--------------------------------------------------------

Para 1: introduction. my choice: A or B. agree or disagree.

Para 2: First,reason 1 (1 sentence) + why reason 1(some arguments. 2-3 sentences) + examples for reason 1 (around 1 sentences) + small conclusions (like advantages of reason 1 or comparisons if not reason 1, 1-2 sentences).

Para 3: Second,reason 2 ,blabla... do the same thing as First

Para 4: Third, reason 3 blabla... do the same thing as First but shorter

Para 5: Conclusion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An example (Eating at home or restaurant) for paragraph 2:

Para 2: First,reason 1 (1 sentence: Eating at home can save money) + why reason 1(some arguments. 2-3 sentences: I can prepare cheaper food from food market; I don't need to drive or take a bus to reach the restaurant; I don't need to pay tips...) + examples for reason 1 (around 1 sentences: for example, a sandwich can cost me $10 at restaurant, but it only cost me $5 at home.) + small conclusions (like advantages of reason 1 or comparisons if not reason 1, 1-2 sentences: with the money I saved, I can buy a good book to read; I can use the money for a trip...).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------