After completing high school students should take at least a year off to work or travel before they begin studying at a university

Graduating from high school is remarkable for most people to draw a period mark to the teenager life, take the first step to be an adult, and embrace independence. Some people would like to take a job immediately. However, some prefer to continue their education in college. Before starting university studies, I believe that it is an intelligent choice to have one year gap after graduating from high school. I feel this way for two reasons, which I will explore in this essay.
To begin with, I think that it is critically important to have time to consider what is we need from university study. These days, the number of majors we can study in universities is growing at a groundbreaking speed. We will be more able to find out our most fond subject with one year to participate ourselves into what we interested in. My personal experience is a compelling illustration of this. After graduating from high school, I had a one-year gap due to the international lockdown of COVID-19 paused my plan to study in Japan, and I decided to join a volunteer program to support rural education. At first, I regarded it as a chance to become a decoration in my future resume. However, it changed my purpose to attend a university. I was remarkably shocked by the kids' situation, but their kindness to the volunteer group was deeply rooted in my heart. I soon realised what I desire to involve myself in—using my privileges to struggle for social changes and equality instead of earning personal benefits. I determined to put the ability I learned from the university into contributing to humanity.
Furthermore, a gap year before the university will be a great chance to accumulate social experience. In my country, I would like to say that high school life is hectic. No student does not fully participate in university entrance examinations, and we rarely had any time to spend any time out of school. Thus, a gap year will be an irreplaceable opportunity to walk out of the family shelter and adapt to society. For instance, I had a 3-month internship in Shanghai as a Japanese translator during my gap year, and the memory was a treasure for me. I had to choose a rental apartment all by myself, manage financial matters all by myself. In addition to the life situations, I had my first chance to participate in the affairs of an actual company, negotiate with co-workers, and practice business writing skills, which this experience will be an unparalleled advantage for my future development.
In conclusion, I strongly feel that a gap year after high school will be a treasure for most of us. This is because it is critically important for us to understand what we go to university for, and gaining social experience is a crucial step on the pathway to independence.