Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The food we eat today is much healthier than in the past.

Perhaps no issue is as significant to people as food that they eat everyday. Nowadays, food safety has been cited amply from time to time. Although people today have more supply of food resources, from my perspective of view, it does not necessarily mean that the food we eat is healthier than we eat in the past.

First and for most, nowadays environmental pollution has been a nightmare that haunts all of us. Thanks to the industrialization and deforesting, the air we breathe and the water we drink can't be one hundred percent clean, not to mention the food we eat. A vivid illustration of this case is that factories dump waste into rivers and eliminate toxic gas into air. The chemicals may along with rain drop into and spoil the soil. Also, famers use chemical fertilizers to improve the production which in turn pollute the grains and vegetables. Foods, which are inevitably polluted by chemicals, are then sent on people's dinner table. However, since the soil and water in the past are much purer, the food at that time is much cleaner as well. At least, unlike food today, food in the past would not affect our physical health.

Further, food industry is increasingly commercialized and businessmen do not really care about food quality when they are devoted to make profits. What make it worse is that some mercenary food producers adulterate foods without informing buyers. For example, the notorious mad cow beef incident made the society bristle with anger. Several food suppliers adulterated diseased beef in normal beef rather than dropping it off. The beef poisoned quite a few people and even some people died due to mad cow disease.

Last but no least, the pace of daily life has been accelerated, and a considerable amount of people eat fast food, which contains high fat and calorie, for saving time, and this choice is harmful to health in the long run. Especially for young people who are struggle in big cities full of tension everyday, a reasonable breakfast seems a luxury to them. Take myself for an example, I used to eat fast food in order to save time and money during my internship at a information technology company. I gain 20 pounds in just two months, and I even feel it hard to climb a 6-floor building.It vividly shows that although eating fast foods save some time, over time, the bad eating habits will eventually do harm to health.

From what have been discussed above, we can safely come to the conclusion that although the recipe is more scientific and healthy, the food we eat is indeed not as healthy as we do in the past.

who are struggle in big cities
who are struggling in big cities

although eating fast foods save some time,
although eating fast foods saves some time,