Should the government support artists or should artists support themselves

With the enhancement of living quality, art is increasingly important in everyone's daily life. With or without awareness, though many citizens and companies contribute to culture activities, the benefits of the arts cannot fully realized without the contribution of government. That is why I believe that government ought to support artists.

First and for most, supporting arts could enhance economic developments. In the past decades, cities in both developed and developing countries have seen boost in economy and a ballooning support to various fields from government. Investing in arts and artists creates jobs and tax revenue. Consider how many art museums and galleries have been established around the countries. A vivid illustration is the Louvre, as one of the symbols of Paris, becomes a place where travels must visit. People appreciate fantasy of Monalisa of Da Vinci and the beauty of Venus of Melos, getting mental delight and comforts from arts; meanwhile they also create GDP for France and tax revenue for the government via paying for tickets and shopping.

Further, investing in artists could also create educational assets. With the life quality improved, many people's basic wants are satisfied and they seek to nonmaterial or spiritual goals. Many parents help their children cultivate a sense of love in arts such as painting and playing instruments. Some studies reveal that learning arts from childhood contributes to balanced development in left and right brain. Supporting artists may a

Last but not least, some traditional art format is disappearing because traditional artists cannot earn a living from it and supporting artists can help preserve traditional culture. For example, paper-cutting is a traditional art format in my hometown. Young people refuse to learn such Paper-cutting skills since that being a paper-cutting artist cannot earn money to support themselves in the modern society. However, if the government could have supported paper-cutting artists, things would not be that worse. No one can deny that traditional art is an invaluable mark of traditional culture. Thus, it would be reasonable for governments to support traditional artists.

Overall, with all the aspects mentioned above combined, I strongly embrace the idea that, the governments, without doubt, should support the artists, as they would drive the economy boost, maintain educational assets and preserve traditional art.

cannot fully realized
cannot be fully realized

Supporting artists may a
Supporting artists may be a ???

Sentence: With the life quality improved, many people's basic wants are satisfied and they seek to nonmaterial or spiritual goals.
Error: nonmaterial Suggestion: No alternate word