Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? The food we eat today is much healthier than in the past.

In today's world, the environment has been seriously affected and even totally destroy in some places. Due to the fact that people have developed practices that instead of helping agriculture have created diseases and other problems in the world. Some people might consider that today the food production is greater than years before, nevertheless the food is not organic. When it comes to me, I outright attest that twenty years ago, people were healthier than today because they ate food with higher quality.

To begin with, years ago farmers didn't use pesticides as they do today. Pesticides were introduced because they fight and control pests that affect and harm crops. Even though, this chemical substance has reach a successful level in reducing pests, it has produce an unexpected advent. More specifically, it is thought that pesticides are related to cancer in people. Scientists are concurred upon this fact and they consider that if the government reduces at least 10 percent of pesticides usage, diseases like cancer might drop as well.

Another noteworthy aspect that should be mentioned is that in the past lands were more fertile than today. The lands has changed because the environment has being destroyed. When people harm trees or evoke fires, lands are the most affected. To point out that, land possess natural minerals such as calcium, nitrogen and so on, thus they might be removed if people destroy trees. For instance, this fact has happened in some places around the world such as Haiti, where people have ignored land protection and today they are regretted. Finally, given that there was much less pollution in the past; the food contained more vitamins and people could take advantage of that. We can contemplate this plight today, just watching the life's span of our grandfathers.

in conclusion, for the reasons stated above, in the past the food was healthier because farmer used less pesticides and also lands had more minerals and vitamins thus trees grew healthy.

has been seriously affected and even totally destroy in some places
has been seriously affected and even totally destroyed in some places

this chemical substance has reach a successful level
this chemical substance has reached a successful level

it has produce an unexpected advent.
it has produced an unexpected advent.

The lands has changed
The lands have changed