Do you agree or disagree with the following statement Parents should allow children to make mistakes and let them learn from their own mistakes

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Parents should allow children to make mistakes and let them learn from their own mistakes

Parents have great responsibilities of bringing up their children who will be tomorrow’s parents, leaderships and teachers. They need to be able to train their children effectively. When it comes to the way of bringing up the children, controversy surrounds the issue of whether parents should permit their offspring to make mistakes and learn from it or not. Some people are of the opinion that parents are required to provide the best guidance for their children so that their children will make the best use of their time effectively. I believe, however, allowing children to make mistakes by parents would be a good idea for the following reasons.

One of the most interesting aspects of the current discussion which needs a keen contemplation is that when children do something wrongly, they can keep in their minds effectively. There are many situations in which children do whatever they might think that it would be true. When their parents recommend that not do it, they insist in continuing without paying more attention to the consequence of it. After facing the outcomes of their jobs, they will be able to keep in their minds to prevent such behavior or tasks in other circumstances. For instance, when I was a high school student, I spent most of my time in front of TV. While my mother tried making me aware of my exam dates, I ignored her. When I failed, I learned that I needed to know how to manage my time and choose my priority.

Another noteworthy aspect of the ongoing discussion discussion which demands to be reflected is that children cannot gain high confidence unless they are allowed freely to make mistakes. Children’s personalities, thoughts and behavior are shaped during the stage of childhood. When parents allow them to do some tasks without being worried about the mistakes which would be undeniable, they will gain the sense of self-control and self-motivation. For example, in my primary school, I went to English class to improve my second language. My parents asked me to speak in English. When I made some mistakes, they never laughed at me. They wanted me just to keep my trying until I could speak fluently. If my parents ignored me and my ability, I could never trust my self and continue studying English until now. As you can see, parents play important roles in growing high-confident children.

To sum up, not only acquiring unforgettable lessons but also gaining confidence are the result of letting children to make mistakes. I hope that parents, due to their intrinsic features to protect their children, do not cause such obstacles to their offspring’s success in the future.