tpo 23. integrated

tpo 23. integrated

Essay topics in audio

This set of the material in the both reading and lecture is about the population of the yellow cedar, common species in northwestern North America. The reading provides three pieces of evidence indicating that there are some hypotheses which makes clear the reason why the yellow cedar population is declining. The speaker, nonetheless, mentions that all the author's claims are unconvincing and offers some counterclaims.

First, the reading posits that infectious insects such as the cedar bark beetle is responsible for such reducing population of these trees. In contrast, the professor takes the view that these trees are among the strongest trees which are able to resist against insects. She also adds that since their barks and leaves are saturated with chemical substances, which are poisonous, those specific insects are less likely to contribute to such reduction in the population of the cedar trees.

Second, the passage brings up this point that brown bears could be another factor of destructing the sedar trees because of high content sugar of the barks, favorite diet for brown bears. The lecturer, however, disputes this point by arguing that although polar bears can cause some damage, those animals are not reponsible for the overall declining population of those trees. Moreover, in order to illustrate this isuue comprehensively, she mentions that the coast of the main Island is free from bears thought the cedar trees is also declining in those Islands.

Third, the reading sheds light on this fact that gradual chaning temperature can be another hypothesis, making the root of cedars too sensitive to cold weather. The lecturer casts doubt on this point due to the fact that although the cilmate in lower elevation is much warmer than it in higher elevation, the number of declining population of the cedar trees in the area with warmer weather is higher than in comparison with those in the cold area.

infectious insects such as the cedar bark beetle is responsible
infectious insects such as the cedar bark beetle are responsible

is higher than in comparison with those in the cold area.
is higher than those in the cold area.
is higher in comparison with those in the cold area.

Sentence: The lecturer, however, disputes this point by arguing that although polar bears can cause some damage, those animals are not reponsible for the overall declining population of those trees.
Error: reponsible Suggestion: responsible

Sentence: Moreover, in order to illustrate this isuue comprehensively, she mentions that the coast of the main Island is free from bears thought the cedar trees is also declining in those Islands.
Error: isuue Suggestion: issue

Sentence: Third, the reading sheds light on this fact that gradual chaning temperature can be another hypothesis, making the root of cedars too sensitive to cold weather.
Error: chaning Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: The lecturer casts doubt on this point due to the fact that although the cilmate in lower elevation is much warmer than it in higher elevation, the number of declining population of the cedar trees in the area with warmer weather is higher than in comparison with those in the cold area.
Error: cilmate Suggestion: climate