Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? people are now less happy or less satisfied with their lives than in the past.

It has long been a controversy among people that of the two ages of today and past in which one people were more happier. However, the happiness is a mystery wrapped in an enigma, as far as I am concerned, answering to this question is imperative as it deals with the satisfaction of one`s life. Just as the english proverb goes '' a coin has two sides '' those who take the opposite view are partially reasonable.

Notwithstanding with all snags in the past, people were happier than now in many aspects of their life. The first plain reason for my propensity is that people did not have a lot of stresses about their jobs in the past. A prime example from my own experience may shed some light to this point; I remember when I was a kid, my father was never worried about the possibility of firing from his job, as he worked for himself not in an office. Nowadays, modern people are very insecure about the stability of their jobs, and this modern kinds of stresses are added to the old stresses which reduce the happiness in the present day.

The second reason that I should mention is that the relationships were so closer in the past compared to the present day. According to a research which was conducted by one of the most reputable universities in my country, people were more satisfied with their level of relationships compared to today. Not only the quality of relationships has decreased, but also the quantity of relationships has decreased too. Last but not the least, Peoples had less information about the better conditions of other regions of earth. By this, I mean people just live their own life in a closed area which there were no considerably interacting with other developed countries. Some critics say that western culture encourages people to get more money in order to have a better life which will increase the sadness in the non-developed countries such as China and India.

To conclude, considering the above reasons, people are much more happier than before as they had more job stability, relationships and more importantly had less affected by materialistics ideas.

were more happier
were much happier
were more happy

Sentence: However, the happiness is a mystery wrapped in an enigma, as far as I am concerned, answering to this question is imperative as it deals with the satisfaction of ones life.
Suggestion: Refer to ones and life

Not only the quality of relationships has decreased, but also the quantity of relationships has decreased too
Description: 'Not only...but also' is not used properly. can you re-write this sentence?

people are much more happier
people are much happier

Sentence: To conclude, considering the above reasons, people are much more happier than before as they had more job stability, relationships and more importantly had less affected by materialistics ideas.
Error: materialistics Suggestion: No alternate word