Home >> .

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? A person should never make an important decision alone. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Shashank Deshmukh's picture

Many people might suggest that important decisions are better taken alone. They cite negative influences that the people try to impart. However, I personally believe that it is wise to consult others before arriving at an important decision. I feel this for two reasons which I will explore in the following essay.

First of all, I feel that it is better to consult others before taking any decision because we can learn from their experiences. For example, I was almost about to leave my current job and join a big firm for better exposure. However, after asking a few of the employees in that company I learned that my thinking was completely wrong. Had I not consulted them, I would have regretted making that decision. Thus, peoples' experience can provide many things that you might have missed to consider. We can learn from others' failures so as to properly plan our approach towards the particular thing.

Second of all, I am of the opinion that you should not make any important decisions alone because you can sometimes be biased about things. For instance, I was already investing money in a certain car company and wanted to invest more. I was more inclined to buy the shares of the same car company as it had been a profitable trade of money till now, but after listening to my friends' take on this decision I was surprised. He clearly explained how in the next few months that car company will likely be in loss. Thus, it is important to consider the views of other people because of the fact that they bring different viewpoints in their saying which can ultimately help us in making the right decision.

In conclusion, I would like to say that it is important not to decide anything without consulting anyone. Because you get to learn from their experiences and it helps to get a broad perspective on things that were obscure to you earlier.

Your rating: None Average: 7 (1 vote)