Do you agree or disagree with the following statement students should not take part time jobs while they are studying in the university

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? students should not take part-time jobs while they are studying in the university.

The reason why people regard part-time job as something unnecessary is beyond me. From my perspective, part-time job not only serves as a source of extra money but also prepares us for the real society. Thus, I totally disagree with the statement that students should not take part-time jobs while they are studying in the university. The reasons for my argument are listed as follows.

First of all, to the majority students, part-time jobs could financially support our university. It is well-known that the tuition of university has been skyrocketing these years. Take the master of accounting program in Wakeforest University as an example. The total tuition of the program is nearly 60,000 dollars, which place a huge burden on the shoulders of ordinary family. Therefore, to relieve such pressure, students have no choice but to do some part-time job so as to afford their tuition. Just imagine, if you serve as a waiter at the restaurant after class, you could earn 20 dollars per hour. Then if you work there 10 hours a week, you could earn 800 dollars per month. That means your living expense has been solved. Thus, taking part-time job really sounds attractive to students, especially to those who born to a poor family.

Secondly, to some extent, part-time job acts as a window. Through this, we could see what the real society looks like. As you know, the world we live in is really competitive today. Being an expert who acquire lots of knowledge from books and possess high GPA in the exam is far from enough. To survive and to win the respect from others, you have to be adaptive. That means you have to be skillful in communication and make friends from a variety of backgrounds. However, professors and classes can't teach you these. You have to learn these skills from your practice. And part-time jobs happen to offer you a good chance. That's why I regard this as necessary for every student in the university.

In addition, by taking part-time job, you are capable to learn many new techniques which you can't get from the textbooks. For example, I used to take a part-time job in a firm as an accountant. I have never taken any accounting class in the school before. At the beginning, all the tasks sound strange and difficult to me. However, under the help from my supervisor and other colleagues, I have learnt how to deal with the credit and debt, how to write the accounting journal and how to count the tax payable. That's a huge breakthrough to me. Thanks to this part-time job, I am even more skillful than those students who majored in accounting.

To draw a conclusion, I strongly believe that to those students studying in the university, the advantage of part-time job definitely outweighs its disadvantage.

especially to those who born to a poor family.
especially to those who are born in a poor family.

Being an expert who acquire lots of knowledge and possess high GPA in the exam is far from enough
Being an expert who acquires lots of knowledge and possesses high GPA in the exam is far from enough